Day 216 Not Half Bad

 

This plaid, flannel, shirt dress was a surprising hit, I had no idea I'd like it so much. It was warm and cozy for a rainy day and didn't even look half bad. I wish I could say I looked as good all day, but having spent the morning cleaning the basement in my pj's, I looked like a disaster. Maybe looking like a hot mess prior to showering contributed to my love of this outfit. There's a reason the basement doesn't get cleaned often, it's one of the worst jobs ever. It had to be done before I became an episode of the show Hoarders. Holy cow do I save EVERYTHING. I gathered piles for good will, bags of garbage and tried to organize the still monumental amount of things I want to keep. Board games, I have dozens, but can't part with all that potential fun. Small kitchen appliances, yup, have those too, waffle makers alone I have three. Don't we all need waffle options? Mickey waffles, smiley face waffles or the more sophisticated Belgian Waffle? Clearly I just reorganized those and got rid of the less practical appliances. I can now walk to my washing machine now without catlike maneuvering skills. I still have a few bins to go through before I call it done. I swear the plastic bins alone are an invitation to save things we don't need, once in the bin who even remembers what's in there! I'll give myself the week to go through all the "stuff" that was so important I needed to buy a bin for it, hate to work my entire weekend. My cleaning efforts weren't half bad, just like my fancy flannel dress. Basement done now on to the next project! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts