Day 222 A Wee Bit Too Early??


 


St. Patrick's Day without the usual shenanigans, just too darn tired for all that! After spending the night sleeping in a tiny twin bed with my grandson and waking up every hour worrying about my other grandson I was like a zombie throughout the day. Fortunately, my grandson is fine, sore but fine and happily home resting. Tim and I had big plans for St. Patrick's Day, or as Tim called it, his people's day. Sadly for my Irish love I just couldn't rally for the occasion. We altered our plans to head to Newport and went to the Pub in Matunuck so we'd be closer to home. I had an Irish coffee hoping the caffeine might help but even that couldn't revive me. I put on this pretty green dress at the start of the day and at least looked a bit festive.  I shouldn't say it was all a wash, we did hear bagpipes, eat corned beef, ran into lots of friends and made it until just after 8pm. With no blog photo for the day, Tim snapped this shot as we walked back to our car. Even the cold air couldn't revive me but it felt good to walk and take in the cool night air. I  went to bed the second we arrived home and was asleep within seconds. Although Tim missed out on celebrating his peoples day, he was a good sport and didn't complain too much about coming home early. One thing about the Irish, no matter how long you're out celebrating, it's always a wee bit too early to leave no matter how long you stay. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts