Day 240 Birthday Eve

 

Another beautiful dress that won't be my prom dress. I love this Lilly pulitzer silk maxi dress, all except for the ruffles. The print is beautiful, silk fabric amazing however the ruffles just don't work for me. Looking at the photo they don't look as overwhelming as they felt when all I could see is ruffles in every direction. I've tried to tuck them under but it just doesn't work so this dress will have to sit this one out. Oh the prom dress dilemma, back to the drawing board. Interesting factoid, this is the last photo of me at age 57, taken on my Birthday Eve. My mom brought me a gift first thing in the morning, a beautiful pair of Lilly Pulitzer pants, love them! I had friends bring me gifts throughout the day and came home to a package from my Florida friend, Dawn. I told her I'd wait to open my gifts until the morning, we laughed knowing that would never happen. I lasted about ten minutes before opening the first present and wasn't sorry I did. Spectacular Kate Spade earrings that I'll be showing off soon, then a new pink coffee mug that says I'm the best friend ever! I opened each gift as I told myself it would be the last one but I couldn't stop. Surrounded by wrapping paper and a treasure-trove of beautiful gifts I was a happy gal and it wasn't even my day yet! So, off I go to embrace my day, 58 finds me happy, in love with my life, husband, kids, grandkids, friends... I have everything I could ever want and more than I'd ever need. Life is good. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts