Day 241Cheers to 58 years

 

So this is what 58 looks like...when I was younger I expected 58 to look much older. Growing old is a funny thing, our bodies age while still carrying the same person along. I'm still drawn to clothes designed for twenty year olds, still like being silly, having fun with friends and all the crazy things I loved as a youngster. This old body will have to put up with me carrying on for a bit longer although for once, my basic blue dress with beige houndstooth jacket was age appropriate. Tim's mom passed away several years ago at 93, she still wanted to party and loved a good time. She would ask to hit the bar on her outings from the nursing home and enjoyed an afternoon cocktail. Her body slowly stopped keeping up with her mind refusing to do everything she loved. If she could have gotten up and danced the night away she would have. She and I shared a Birthday, a bit creepy on Tim's part, did he marry his mother??? Both confident, fun loving as well as stern and scary at times I'm sure Sigmund Freud would have a field day with this one. I can only hope to live that long, with all my wits still in tact. I'll call anything over 90 gravy in a long and happy life. Maybe then I'll look back at what 58 looks like with envy wishing I looked like this again!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts