Day 243 Home Again

 

Some weeks Fridays seem to take forever to arrive, this was one of them! Driving home on Friday afternoons I often feel like a High School student after the last bell rings and can't get home fast enough. Home has always been my happy place, a safe and peaceful place that I can let my guard down and relax. Tim and I thankfully like one another enough to encourage each others peaceful moments and joy. Of course we love each other, but liking each other is equally, if not more, important. I love that he supports me fully with any crazy ideas I might bring to him and I always try to do the same. I know he'll forget his phone a million more times, losing it several more, but when I offer to hold it and he says he's got it, I let it go. My plan for last night wasn't crazy, just a quick turn around so Tim had to hustle. I wore this blue and white seersucker dress that I had worn all day, not really a Friday night outfit but I went with it. We met friends early for dinner and drinks and as we sat chatting, laughing and listening to each others stories I could feel the weeks stresses dissipate. Funny thing about a night out with my friends, not one of us brings garbage from the week to the table, love that! I suppose Fridays readjust our minds to the most important things in life, friendships, relationships and happiness,...ahhh to be home again! 

Comments

  1. So true about like vs love…when I was a young girl in “love” a wiser older woman said “yes I know you love him, but do you like him” I must have looked at her like she had three heads…but many years later I can see myself saying those very words to a young person. ❤️db

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts