Day 244 Dog Park

 

Easter prep all day, cleaning, setting the table and stuffing eggs. My stepdaughter, Bridie arrived with the boys for an overnight. She always wants to go out when she's here, visit the local brewery and Ocean Mist. I remember my friend, Libby, who had moved away right after high school feeling the same way every time she came home. There's a strange impression that everyone that didn't move away is still meeting up somewhere having fun and that you just don't know where they all are anymore. Libby use to drag me here and there in hopes of running into anyone from high school and reliving the good old days. I remember her asking me one year where everyone was and my reply, home with their families! Home was the only place this outfit was appropriate for, holy cow I didn't realize how short it was until I had it on. Tim said it was barely legal, so with that, I changed into jeans for the afternoon. We all walked down to Whalers, our local brewery, although it resembled more of an indoor dog park. I don't drink beer, and don't care for dogs so it was as if I had walked into Hell, sorry beer and dog fans! I ended up leaving a bit early and taking the boys to the playground, lungs and senses thankful for the fresh air. The boys and I walked home leaving their mom and Tim to enjoy another beer, somehow the spilt beer and dog smells didn't seem to trouble them at all. I'm excited for a big Easter brunch and of course an incredible egg hung with all the kids. Anticipating a chocolate filled breakfast. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts