Day 245 Brunch

 

What a beautiful Easter Sunday, filled with sunshine, chocolate and family. I prepared a brunch for my crew so we were off to an early start. Brunch is possibly the best meal to serve, giving you enough time to prep for it and enough time to clean up after it without making yourself crazy. It is especially the best meal to serve when you don't have the next day free! Tim and I loved seeing our four grandsons play together and enjoy an afternoon egg hunt. I wore this pretty, blue Lilly Pulitzer dress with little metallic ovals on it that looked like little eggs. Tim even threw on a pinkish t-shirt to show off a bit of spring color. We all enjoyed sitting outside in the sunshine for the afternoon, soaking up some much needed vitamin D.  My chickens were thrilled to be out of their cage and gave our youngest grandsons endless entertainment. One of my kids wasn't able to join us, since he lives out of state and the timing didn't work out. We were also missing my son in law, who had to work since it was the Masters. He is on golf programs so it was a big  day for him. Maybe next year we'll be able to corral them all! Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays, love seeing everyone in their Sunday best. I just wish we all had a holiday the day after each holiday!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts