Day 250 Warm Breeze

 

Holy cow, what a beautiful day! Not that I was able to be outside much, but having the windows open and feeling the warm breeze was almost as good. This pretty tank dress with flip flops was perfect for a spring day and my new little handbag is amazing. Tim and I had plans for dinner with friends so I changed into something before heading out, afraid the temps would drop and I'd freeze. That's New England life, warm, cold, hot, we have it all. By the time we went out it was almost 9pm, I was afraid the kitchen would stop serving but we managed to squeak in before they closed. I was so hungry I apologized up front for how much I was about to eat! We toasted to my dad, since yesterday was his Birthday, good lord do I miss him. I know I should be happy he lived to 77, that just sounds so young, especially the older I get! In my mind I can see his smile and hear his laugh as if he's still here, that's something I guess. I also know he loved me unconditionally and thought I was fantastic. We have so few people in our lives that give us that level of love, keep those folks close! Maybe our beautiful day was my dad shining down on me one more time, wrapping me in a warm hug with the breeze... that seems to make the most sense. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts