Day 252 Travels

 

A perfect Sunday at the beach with friends fresh air and even a little sunshine here and there. I love being back in Lilly Pulitzer print dresses that feel like summer. My beautiful friend Camilla met us at the beach club with her boyfriend. You might remember her from last summer, she's one of the German exchange students I met on Block Island. It's funny how life works, here we were, outside  our normal routines, we  met, started talking and a year later we're still friends, love serendipity. Camilla was telling us all about their plans to travel throughout the USA after they finish school. They want to see all of our national parks, visit Niagara Falls, Texas, California and everything in-between. I figure by the end of the summer they will have seen more of our country than 99% of Americans. I'm so impressed with young ambitious kids with an eagerness to recognize and embrace every opportunity. We should all strive to have a bit of that drive. I know they made me want to jump in my car and see more of our beautiful country. What stops us? Work, kids, responsibility...ah that's right, darn responsibilities. I'll live vicariously through their travels, and carve out a long weekend to pretend I'm carefree, although I'd need a hotel room, my old bones want nothing to do with sleeping in a tent!!  For now I'll just enjoy the beach and all the beauty that's right in my own backyard, as well as my comfy bed. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts