Day 259 Six

 

You'd think I might have slept in after our big prom date, not a chance. Up early to not miss a minute of my weekend. I loved looking through all the prom photos, I'll say again how amazing everyone looked! For a rainy post prom day I was happy I had made plans for Tim and I to see Six at Providence Performing Arts Center.  I bought the tickets ages ago when I saw the show first advertised, had even gotten my favorite seats, front row of the loge! Neither Tim nor I knew one thing about the show so we both walked in with zero expectations, love that. Well, the show started off with a bang, bright lights big music and the singing and dancing didn't stop for 90 minutes. If you're in the dark, as we were, it's Henry VIII's six wives singing about their lives and their struggles being married to Henry. The songs are super fun, upbeat and energetic and the dancing is fantastic. The crowd was livelier than I've ever seen them at a PPAC performance! I wish my outfit had worked out as well as the show. My sweater dress was great, needed the warmth on a rainy day, shoes another story. I had pulled out my go to blue espadrilles from last summer thinking they would be great, think again. With all the rain my feet got wet in a minute as we walked to the theatre. Not sure if my feet shrunk during the show or my shoes stretched once wet, something happened because after the show they were so big I could hardly walk in them.  Of course we had several blocks to walk after the show and each step I took I almost lost a shoe! Poor Tim had to walk at a snails pace with me, fortunately it was only slightly raining by then. When we finally made it back to the car I was able to kick off my wet canvas torture shoes and happily sit barefoot. Typically I'd be bragging about how espadrilles are the best shoe for spring and summer, but that post will have to wait until I get a new pair! Another fabulous weekend in the books and if you'll  humor me for a moment, I'll add how lucky I am to have Tim by my side for every crazy adventure. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts