Day 262 Color me Blessed

 

What a treat to finally have a night out with my Stepmom, Teri. Every time we get together we chat nonstop, laugh like crazy and reminisce about my dad, always leaving us wishing for more time together! We try to meet monthly although at times it's more sporadic. Making the time to visit with the people you love is wildly important, it's food for the soul. Well, Teri feeds my soul with happiness and joy and hopefully I do the same for her. I love this photo with us both taking half our dinners home, clearly more talking than eating. Her giant purple bag dominates the photo, isn't it a fabulous color? I wore a colorful sweater dress that matched her bag better than the one I was carrying. Notice I wore another pair of espadrilles, giving them another try, thankfully they worked out, a clear day may have helped. Teri and I met at Mariner Grille, which was my dads favorite day drinking hangout. Ironically it was also Tim's mothers go to bar. Back in the day, Tim and I would see both of our parents belly up to the bar (on opposite sides) soaking in their favorite vibe. Whenever I walk in I can see my dad sitting in his favorite spot, holding court with a group of friends and living his best life. Good for him, I love that he enjoyed his life so much, golfing, traveling, hanging with friends and of course being married to the love of his life. He may have died too young at 77 but he certainly knew how to live. He would have appreciated dying suddenly, wouldn't have done well with a long illness,  although no doubt would have wanted another ten or twenty years. I'm thankful I had my children young so they were able to know him so well and have their own memories of him. Oh boy, didn't mean to go down memory lane, it's amazing how much it still hurts missing him. I suppose missing someone so much should remind us of how lucky we were to have them in our life, so color me blessed. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts