Day 263 Spectacular RI

 

This brown and gold shift dress looks like it's a Louis Vuitton print...who knew? In real life I didn't see it, but in the photo it sure does! Well, either way, I love this little shift and will absolutely keep in for another day. As pretty as it is I only wore this last night since I was out and about all day hiking and galavanting around Newport. I first hiked Rome Point, it's a beautiful walk through the woods out to a beach where you can see seals and look up at the Newport Bridge. It's only a 2.5 mile walk but it's one that shouldn't be missed. After my hike, and a quick bite to eat it was off to Newport for a Daffodil Days Cruise on the Coastal Queen. It was raining a bit but I knew the sun would come out so not to worry. Well, the rain stopped and the cruise was fantastic, seeing Newport from the water is spectacular. We passed the church where JFK and Jackie Kennedy were married, Saw Jackie's old homestead where they had their reception along with the boathouse and dock that was featured in the movie, The Great Gatspy. Newport is chock full of history with Fort Adams, beautiful lighthouses, famous homes and hotels. I can understand why the richest folks in the world chose this as their summer retreat back in the day and still keep coming! My mom was with me for the cruise and then came over to help me make centerpieces for my conference. It's my first time on the conference committee and I've been responsible for the raffle and food although I took it upon myself to make centerpieces since there weren't going to be any...and I think they are needed. If I had known how nice the brown shift looked I may have considered it as my conference dress...getting dressed at 5am should make for an interesting outfit. 

Comments

Popular Posts