Day 271 Bittersweet

 

A fun night out celebrating Cinco de Mayo. We started off at our local Mexican Restaurant with everyone else in town and opted out due to the long wait. We headed over to Salt Marsh Pub for what we knew would be a delicious meal and a beautiful view of the water at sunset. I suggested we stop at our Elks Lodge on the way home and oh boy am I glad he listened. The lodge was packed with friends and  filled with a festive vibe. We sat at the bar, really I sat at the bar and Tim stood next to me since there was only one seat. Tim was happy standing at the corner of the bar until a guy came up and squeezed in as fast and  intrusively as bitter sweet. Tim actually called him bitter sweet and I must have laughed for five minutes! While I was sitting enjoying a glass of wine, Tim complimented me on my dress with the super cool racing stripe....he was so disappointed to find out it was only the strap from my pocketbook. He then went on to say, out of all my dresses I really should have at least one with cool racing stripes. I tried to impress him with how cool my bag was but he didn't have any idea, he looked at the logo and figured it was some type of Coast Guard bag...lol. Gucci isn't on Tim's radar but at least we know he enjoyed the vibrant colors of the strap. I absolutely loved this casual 100% cotton, long sleeve Loft dress. I remember buying it at a thrift shop and vacillating over the $10 purchase, so glad I paid the big dollars, it's worth every penny. Tim suggested he'd like to buy me five dresses, because he'd like to see me wear something with pizzazz.... apparently I'm not flashy enough for him?? Maybe he's just fixated on me wearing racing stripes who knows. I certainly don't need more dresses and absolutely don't need someone else choosing my clothing, although in all fairness I do choose his often. Maybe racing stripes are in my future after all... oh dear! Maybe I was just too blah for Cinco de Mayo, odd for me not theme dress. Good thing Derby day is next, I'll have a chance to redeem myself. 

ps....oh those fabulous shoes! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts