Day 272 Pizzazz

 

Wasn't it just yesterday I wrote about Tim wanting me to show off a bit more pizzazz? Well, if this fabulous Derby outfit doesn't do it I'm not sure what will. I bought this beautiful pink lace Lilly Pulitzer  several years ago and just haven't had the right opportunity to wear it. Loved everything about this dress and it worked perfectly with my pink Derby hat! Tim once again obliged my wishes and wore a pink shirt and his amazing pink flamingo jacket....there's pants and a tie as well but the jacket was just enough. I had a busy morning getting ready but made time for a mani pedi so my nails would be on point with the right pink polish. I attended a 1st Birthday party, amazed at how fast a year goes by!! Then I was off to the beach club for a Derby party, Tim met me there and once he came in my outfit was complete. We didn't choose winning horses but had a great time visiting with friends and seeing everyone looking so dapper. One more stop to the Ocean Mist for a fundraiser before heading home and calling it a night. Of course the Ocean Mist hadn't had a Derby event so Tim and I stood out a bit in our fancy duds, not that I ever mind standing out. I was thrilled to see several friends I haven't seen in ages, hard to catch up with a loud band playing but we did our best. In a bar that usually takes forever to get a drink I had every bartending asking if I needed anything every 5 minutes. I didn't want a drink but finally ordered a water so they knew I was all set. I guess when you wear bright pink into a dark bar you are hard to ignore, take that Tim....Pizzazz! 

Comments

Popular Posts