Day 279 Water Guns

 


The world has turned green again in New England and I couldn't be happier. The sun was shining, the temps climbing, soaking in much needed vitamin D and hopefully tanning up my pale winter skin. Tim and I went to his brothers house to celebrate the life our nephew, Sean, who died suddenly a few months ago. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose a child, even an adult child. As parents we all expect to die before our children and when life ends out of order it's not right. Fortunately Sean had a child only a few years ago so there's a piece of him that will live on and a beautiful reminder of the best of him. We all gathered with food, drinks and family to celebrate Seans life, hopefully being surrounded by love brought comfort to his parents. Seeing the little kids run around the yard with water guns and balloons would make anyone happy! At one point all the young girls (young in their 30's & 40's)  got together for a group photo, as they all put their smiles on and their best poses, the kids attacked from the top deck and sprayed them all with water...it was priceless. I somehow avoided ever getting drenched, although it was warm enough that I can't say I would have minded a refreshing spray. I loved being back in one of my Lilly Pulitzer summer dresses, and wore big 1970's vibe, lime green earrings that I'm kind of obsessed with. Tim wore a new shirt I bought him and looked handsome, although I might need to work on his choice of shoes, baby steps. I suppose everything takes time, the green of spring, the easing of grief and Tim's fashion updates. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts