Day 280 Mother's Day

 

Mother's Day got off to a fantastic start with a breakfast date out with Tim. He's usually not a fan of going out to breakfast, he doesn't like eggs and will let everyone know it, so it was pancakes for him. Breakfast was fantastic and got us off to a great start. We made our rounds to my Step Moms house to drop off a gift then to my Moms for a visit and gift drop off. Then it was home for our routine Sunday chores...life does go on even on holidays. I mowed the lawn, planted a few things and did the usual laundry etc. My chores where pleasantly interrupted with a visit from my daughter and calls from my boys.. along with beautiful flowers and gifts. Tim had plans to watch a big basketball game with a friend so I took advantage of the time to take my mother out for dinner. We drank frozen mudslides and ate oysters and enjoyed a fabulous meal....much better than the alternative of more household chores. I wore a thick cotton striped J Crew dress that was super comfortable and warm enough for spring but I imagine would be too hot for the summer. I'm looking forward to hot summer days that call for light sundresses. It was a wonderful day although all the weekend housework will now roll into my weekday life, ugh. Maybe next year I'll ask for Mother's Day elves to help with housework instead of a breakfast date. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts