Day 282 Tipping Point

 

Happy to report I stopped and bought a few flowering plants on my way home. Got home and went straight to work, planting, watering, feeding chickens, gathering eggs, cooking dinner, doing laundry.... all payback from this past weekends avoidance. I turned on the news and was told we might get a frost this week so to plan on bringing in plants...maybe I should have stalled one more week? At least my outfit worked for me, comfortable, cotton, always love a t-shirt dress, especially with flip flops. Tim and I enjoyed being back to our weekday routines, as I cooked dinner he read comments from some nonsense website about local restaurants. It was some article about over rated restaurants and when you ask for peoples opinion, they give it. I'm not as critical, if you're cooking me food, serving it to me there's really not too much to complain about. I will complain about the new tipping nonsense...what the heck? I don't understand when I go online to order food, place my order in online, pay online and pick it up myself, I'm suppose to tip??? I should tip myself at that point. Or should I be tipping the person that hands me my food after all my work? I think it's crazy! I'm a generous tipper when I've had human interaction but not throwing down when I've done all the work. What I've never understood is when you stay at a hotel, the person that cleans your toilet, makes your bed and vacuums gets less typically then the person that parks your car or carries in your bags- that's crazy! I imagine the new tipping grabs will come back to bite the service industry at some point, over reaches typically do. I might put a tip jar on my counter and tip myself throughout the day....lord knows I earn it! Oh, the morning rants....sorry about that! I'm going to be busy carrying in the outdoor plants I just planted and saving up my tips for a few more flowers. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts