Day 288 It's all about the Sandwich


 After a busy work weekend Monday sure can seem unfair. I still had all my household chores and didn't have enough weekend to get it all done...isn't that the way? I was up and at it early, laundry, dishes, vacuuming, you know, all the fun stuff. Where the heck are all the house elves? I packed a lunch but then decided to stop at my favorite sandwich shop for a treat. If you're in RI you've probably driven by Great Harvest a million times..you know, the little sandwich shop on Post Road across from TJ Maxx. Well, if you haven't stopped in there yet, put it on a very short to do list. They make their own bread, that's to die for so clearly any sandwich will be delicious. I'm one of those customers that orders the same thing 100 times in a row then will order a new sandwich and throw everyone off. I think they start making my BLT on white bread the minute they see my car. I happen to love this small, family owned shop filled with the most amazing, hardworking folks you'll ever meet. I walked in with my fancy black and white shift dress with a little black jacket and of course the gals told me how great I looked....maybe I enjoy the flattery as much as the sandwiches??? I'll self reflect later.. as I eat a piece of the white bread I bought toasted and smeared with butter. I loved this smart business look and since it was Monday, why not go full business mode and why not treat myself to a delicious sandwich...after all, it's all about the sandwich today. I'm not even going to mention the fact that I bought a lemon roll, not a slice, the entire roll. I'll give you three guesses what I ate for dinner? 

Comments

  1. Rachel…you made our day! You are so kind and funny!! We love seeing you AND the dress of the day!!
    By the way, you are absolutely right, we start making your sandwich as soon as we spy your dress!! See you very soon for a BLT and a lemon roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gals always make my day! The best sandwiches but even better staff. xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts