Day 289 Small Light

 

Here we are closing in on the end of may and I still need a jacket! Seriously warm weather...please hurry up and get to RI. Basic pick with my long blue cotton dress, could have looked fancier with different shoes or a bit of jewelry but I kept it simple. My allergies were again reaching havoc giving me a headache and making me feel overall crappy. I managed to cook Tim and I a delicious dinner before calling it an early night and snuggling up into bed. I've been watching a mini series, A Small Light, and had the last two episodes to watch. It's a story about the young secretary that hid Anne Frank and her family along with four others. We all know the story from Anne's viewpoint so it's been interesting to watch it from another perspective. The mini series is really well done, great acting and captivating. Amazing that a young secretary, ordinary in every way, was able to accomplish such an extraordinary act of hiding eight people successfully for two years. Her favorite quote was, "but even an ordinary secretary or a housewife or a teenager can, within their own small ways, turn on a small light in a dark room"- Miep Gies. I suppose we can all apply this to our lives and the lives of those around us and be that small light in someones life. Goes to show you, the most extraordinary people are the ordinary folks you never give a second thought about. We should remember that the small acts of kindness are the stepping stones to being an extraordinary human. Who knew I'd be so deep with my basic post on a cold May morning..yikes! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts