Day 290 A Local Gem

 

Many of you will know where I am just by the iconic brick walkway and immaculate grounds, for those of you who don't, I'll enlighten you. Celebrating its 90th season and an absolute gem in our community is our Theatre by the Sea. It began as a barn, converted into a theatre and has grown into a summer theatre that is not to be missed. Each season they put on four shows and locals flock to the theatre to have dinner in the attached restaurant, drinks on the lawn and see what they know will be an outstanding show. Tim and I rushed home from work to get ready for our first show of the season, My Way, Frank Sinatra songs and stories that were sung by four amazing artists. We had dinner at Bravo by the Sea, I love stretching the night as much as possible so a dinner date before the show was in order. With the cold air I wore a long dress to keep warm, smart choice! I thought this dress would be perfect for the fall but it never made it out of my closet. Well, it worked beautifully for a cool to cold spring night at the theatre. Folks don't usually dress up for Theatre by the Sea, but that never stopped me before and never will. Give me an excuse to get my fancy on and I'll rise to the occasion. Even with the cold air, Theatre by the Sea opening is my official start of summer. With three more shows to go, I know this season too will end so I'll try to enjoy every single minute of it! Oh, and Bill Hanney, the owner of the theatre is thinking about having a big party to celebrate the theatre's 90th anniversary....yes please!! I'll be watching my mail for an invite! Cheers to Theatre by the Sea, Bravo by the Sea and to Summer 2023. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts