Day 291 RI Love

 

Started the day with a fantastic walk along the South County Bike Path, a section of the path I don't usually walk. I know I brag all the time about how beautiful RI is and I will again...wow! Spring has finally begun to take hold and it shows in the plush green forest and emerging flowers. After a long walk it was time to visit another local gem, Kinney Azalea Gardens. A local family has spent their lives cultivating breeds of azaleas and creating pathways along their gardens right in their back yard. The gardens are open to the public to walk through and enjoy...yes, they open their own back yard to the public, amazing. The bright colors of the Azaleas and Rhododendrons are spectacular, although a few weeks ago they were at their prime. I wore a red dress for a bit of color to keep with the theme of the day, bold colors. This red 100% cotton dress is about as simple as can be but any red dress stands out. I dug out another fun pair of flip flops, pretty soon I'll have a row of them ready to go for the day. I've been meaning to update you on Quarentina, since I know you're all wondering how she's doing. Well...she's still not walking but she's made some progress and is standing up. I have her with the other chickens but caged off so they don't bother her or steal all her food. I'm hoping she makes a come back soon, maybe the nice weather will inspire her, or maybe she just needs a bit more time?? I've been spoiling her with special treats but that darn Fox must have really freaked her out. She seems to be still paralyzed with fear. I'll keep you posted on her progress. I'll also continue to brag about the beauty of RI, so stop reading now if you can't take it, I do love my RI.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts