Day 292 Split Decisions

 

Fun Friday night out at the Knickerbocker listening to the band Sugar. What to do on a Friday night had Tim and I heading in different directions, I was off on a girls night and he was off on an adventure of his own. My friend Donna joined me for a fancy dinner out before the show, yay. I've been dying to try Ella's in Westerly and it didn't disappoint! Wow...seriously, amazing food, each dish outshined the last,  no wonder Taylor Swift thinks Ella's is the best place to dine in RI. The owner even gave Taylor a private class to teach her how to make the delicious tacos. I didn't try the tacos but everything I did eat was scrumptious. My friend Donna recognized the owner/chef from one of those cooking shows and told me how she had beat out some other famous chef, I don't watch cooking shows so it was all lost on me, but Donna was impressed.  Ella's is a bit too fancy for Tim, but one of these days I'll bring him anyway. After a delicious dinner, we were off to see our show. Sugar is such a fun dance band and had everyone up and dancing the minute they began to play. The Knickerbocker is the coolest place to see a band, it's been pumping out live music since 1933 and never disappoints. I think it's one of RI's best, someone hidden, treasures. The entire night was a blast and I was dressed perfectly for it all. I had tried on several dresses trying to find the perfect fit for the night and settled on a blue lace dress, comfy and camouflaged my expanding waistline after Ella's delicious food. I love throwing on a casual jacket with a fancy dress creating a cool vibe. Tim's Friday vibe had him traveling to an outdoor music festival, kind of a Woodstock wannabe vibe. He had tried to convince me what a good time it would be, lots of bands, bring our own beer, sleep in a tent ...seriously, I had to ask if we've ever met? I encouraged him to go live his best life camping out and embracing his inner dirty hippie and can't wait to hear all about it. I have no doubt we both laid our heads on our pillows thinking we had the better night out, although I don't think Tim packed a pillow but you get the idea. Our ideas of fun don't always overlap, making our planning a vacation a bit of a challenge. I'm sure there's a middle ground somewhere, lets just hope it comes with a  real bed, bathroom and shower! My favorite text of the night from Tim, "Wish you were here, kind of" lol, maybe he does know me after all!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts