Day 294 Dance Floor Real Estate

 

A sunny Sunday date with my daughter had me back at Theatre by the Sea. I can't say I mind seeing the same show twice and I love a date with my best gal anytime! We have always enjoyed going to the theatre together, we've had special theatre dates her entire life. My boys were never as enthusiastic about going, making it easier to leave them at home. I remember the first time I brought all three of my kids to see the Nutcracker Ballet. My oldest son was an incredibly enthusiastic applauder at intermission, for a split second I though he was enjoying the show, then I realized he thought it was over and was happily applauding the fact we could leave. Oh well... I tried. After that my daughter and I made a yearly date to see the ballet alone. Our theatre dates usually involve dinner after but my grandsons had evening plans so the afternoon was the only sliver of time we had. Tim was happy to have me home and even happier when I agreed to go watch the Senders at the Ocean Mist. The Senders are a great band, but certainly loud and have an interesting following. Tim likes to be right up front on the dance floor so that's where we were for the better part of the performance. I may have lost a bit of hearing from being so close but Tim was in his glory. There was a woman dancing next to me that continued to throw her head around wildly while dancing, to the point of everyone around her being afraid of getting a broken nose from her flailing head. To make it worse, her straggly hair was sopping wet from sweat, yuck. I refused to give up my dance floor real estate and much to the awe of the ladies behind me I went right into the belly of the beast and bullied my way next to, then in front of the danger zone. Tim didn't dare to join me so I danced in front of the lady who continued to flair her head, in what I call the safe zone. I was wearing a fabulous bright pink dress, and spectacular Jimmy Choo's and carried a beautiful straw bag with a pink strap and buckle. The bag saved me on the dance floor, every time the woman invaded my space I'd accidentally hit her with my bag...oops. This old grandma still has a bit of sass in her.... mess with a gals real estate on the dance floor and you might just get hit with a designer bag. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts