Day 296 Catching Up

 

I had a rare day off and squeezed in as much as possible. It's funny how long a work day can feel and how a day off seems to fly by! I started the day by cleaning of course, cleaned my fridge, vacuumed and would have kept going if It wasn't for an early lunch date with a friend. We met at Matunuck Oyster Bar for a delicious, leisurely lunch and wonderful visit. I haven't had a chance to visit with my friend Mary in ages so lots of catching up was in order. We both decided that our visits need to happen more often. After lunch I headed over to my friend Shelly's house, another friend I don't seem to see enough of!! We sat on her deck chatting all afternoon, soaking up the sunshine and spectacular view. It's the ten year anniversary of her son in laws death. He was killed while serving in Afghanistan, leaving behind Shelly's daughter with two young boys. I usually see her on Memorial Day but was a day late this year. Her grandsons are about the same ages as mine, we love to see them all together and of course we marvel in how fast they have grown. Our visit carried over to dinner with us heading to the Coast Guard House...yum! Fortunately I had worn a comfy cotton long sleeve dress that was perfect for lunch & dinner dates, some days life just keep rolling you along. Not sure how the day flew by so quickly, days off are just too darn short. I might have to take another random weekday off, the bonus day is the best and catching up with friends...priceless. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts