Day 308 Beach, Bands and Super Heroes

 

Thank goodness for Sundays, especially when you've paid your dues and done all your weekend work on Saturday. Tim and I had so many plans for one day, at first we thought we'd have to pick and choose, until we both agreed to go for it all. I admit I had a few more chores to accomplish early morning but once they were done we were off to the beach. I dream of beach days, sitting and listening to the ocean waves. It was a perfect day at the beach and with the beach roses in full bloom the sweet smell almost overshadowed the beauty. We headed home to shower and change in time to see one of our favorite bands at the Ocean Mist. Those Guys don't play there often and are such a great band they are always worth seeing. We were almost home when I started to yell for Tim to stop the car.... a turtle was right in the middle of the road and in imminent danger of being run over. This wasn't just any turtle, it was a Snapping turtle that was at least a foot long so helping it across the road was a bit of a challenge. After several minutes of very cautious maneuvering we were able to get that little guy to safety and continue on our way, thankfully still sporting all of our fingers and toes!!  I quickly showered and changed into this fabulous bell sleeve dress, now that's a dress!! Seriously this dress should be worn more often and might make my cruise packing list. We saw tons of friends at the Mist and since it's right on the ocean (deck literally over the ocean waves..yikes) I was still able to soak in my ocean air. We left before the end of the show to keep on schedule and get to our next event, heading to Providence to see John Mellencamp perform at the PPAC. We had been on the fence about going but when a friend said she couldn't use her tickets I figured it was the universe nudging me so I obliged. Holy cow, am I glad I listened, the show was incredible!! I know he sings a plethora of hits but to see him perform one after another was certainly impressive. The crowd was wild for him and he seemed not only to enjoy it but be equally enamored by us. Tim has been reading me mixed reviews of Mellencamp shows and wasn't convinced he'd perform like in years past... so even Tim was blown away by the set list and the playful banter with the audience. The entire ride home Tim played all the obscure Mellencamp songs that could make up another entire show. When my head finally hit my pillow it was filled with sounds of the day and a smile knowing my snapper is happily back in the river. I was feeling a bit like a super hero having saved the day...and for being 58 and still able to pack in such a full fulfilled day! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts