Day 322 Dead Head

 

If you were out and about yesterday and didn't see a single hippie, young or old, it's because they were at Fenway Park for a Dead & Co. concert.....seriously, every one of them! It all started quite innocently, as most things do, with Tim misreading a text asking if he wanted tickets to a Dead & Co. show. He translated that to me as we're being offered tickets to a Grateful Dead tribute band at the Ocean Mist, interested? Sure, why not.. on Tims behalf, he was trying to maneuver texts while at our Zoobilee, clearly not focused on reading messages. Well to our surprise when rereading in the morning, the tickets were for a show with the actual Grateful Dead and Co..Company being John Mayer and was in Boston at Fenway Park! We had to forget all our Sunday plans to head to Boston but why not...Sunday is usually a day for chores anyway.  I threw on a maxi dress and wore my sneakers (smart) also rocked my peace sign necklace, embracing the vibe and channeling my inner hippie.  Once we drove into Boston and parked we were engulfed with Tye Dye and the smell of patchouli, the streets were packed with vendors selling anything and everything you can imagine! Drugs anyone?? Bags of mushrooms, edibles and just about anything and everything you could smoke, snort, eat or drink being passed around like candy. I was happy to find our seats, a little safe haven in the craziness, excited for the show and wasn't disappointed once it began. On the very first note played the entire audience was on their feet dancing and cheering filling Fenway with love for the group and anticipation for the next song. It's not every day you get to see such amazing musicians and although I'm no dead head I enjoyed every minute of it. There were segments of the show with psychedelic images on the big screens, they clearly know their audience. I'm no hippie and I certainly didn't partake in any of the drugs but I'm not convinced I would have passed a drug test due to all the second hand smoke....seriously, for an outdoor venue the haze was thick. Oh, I almost forgot about the balloons....what the heck?!?! People left and right sucking nitrous oxide out of balloons, apparently its hippie crack....and here I am thinking they were being festive! At my age when you say mind altering I think of dementia not actively sucking drugs out of balloons to alter it....time will do that all on its own. All in all I'm thrilled we went, happy to have had the experience, hear this iconic band in person.  I was right in the belly of the beast, walking straight through shake down alley and lived to tell....mind still in tact. Tim and I arrived home in the wee hours of the morning, dirty, sweaty and tired. We both dropped into bed without showering like a pair of dirty hippies and couldn't have been happier. 

Comments

  1. Thought they were being festive!!!!!! 😂 db

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🤣3❤️😘T

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🎉🙌🏻⭐️🎶❤️🙌🏻🎉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts