Day 325 Time Flies

 

I woke up excited for the day with plans for an afternoon facial and a short workday. I did get out early, but my facial was cancelled due to flooding in the spa. All the rain wreaks havoc with much more than beach plans. I felt so badly for the ladies at my spa, when they cancel their day they don't make any money, have to squeeze everyone into an already booked schedule and make a million phone calls....ugh. Fortunately, I already had another appointment for August so told my esthetician I can wait until then, missing a facial is a first world problem. The canceled appointment gave me time at home to take care of some much needed tidying up. You can tell how much fun I've been having by the mess in my house...and oh boy its been a mess! I was also home waiting for my friend Erin to come check out Pep. Erin being a veterinarian came in handy, I really wanted a second opinion and she was happy to come over and take a listen to Peps heart. I wasn't convinced that all the stress of getting her into that carrier and taking her to the vet hadn't caused her heart to sound wacky. Erin listened to a very calm and happy Pep but unfortunately heard a significant murmur. She agreed that an echocardiogram is in order to determine for sure what it is, then we may be able to get Pep onto blood thinners. I shouldn't be surprised, heart disease runs in my family so it kind of makes sense...just didn't realize we'd be caring for a feline heart patient. Peps is ten years old, I guess that's middle aged for a cat? Chickens have a much quicker turnover, only living on average 3 to 7 years. I suppose we're all getting older, in no time my facial appointments will be replaced by Dr visits. It's no wonder I squeeze every bit of fun life has to offer... I appreciate how quickly time flies. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts