Day 327 Chicken Feed Debacle

 

Friday night at the beach with friends and some much needed sunshine! Somehow taking Monday off made my week feel longer, how does that work? By mid morning I was watching the clock tic just waiting for the bewitching hour that would send me into free time, it couldn't come fast enough. My day was broken up a bit when I was invited to my friends house for lunch. She knew I had limited time during my work week so had everything ready when I arrived, I dare say I was treated like royalty upon arrival.  We sat outside on her deck and enjoyed amazing home made dumplings and Chinese chicken dumpling soup. Yao is from China and is an amazing cook. I really need her to teach me how to make a few dishes, although not sure I have the patience for all the tedious details in creating her dishes. Yao is really such a joy to be around, like sunshine for my soul, some people are just like that....when you find them they're worth hanging out with! Stuffed full of delicious food I headed back to work...crawling to the finish. Finally ready to head home I stopped off quickly to buy chicken feed on my way. Not sure why it's me who goes to buy the 50 lb bags of feed but there I was. I picked up the first bag, not realizing it must have been cut open when they opened the crate and the entire bag dumped out onto the floor all around me. There I stood in a pile of feed and as I looked up a man walking by starred me up and down and without stopping said, "damn". Really?? As if I didn't know what a shit show I looked like in my pretty pastel shift dress surrounded by chicken feed. I picked through, found a couple bags with no slits and made my way to the counter. I told the cashier about the enormous mess in the feed isle and told him as much as I'd like to say it wasn't me...it was totally me. He didn't care 1% about the chicken feed debacle ... telling me not to worry about it. Maybe he didn't realize how traumatic it was for me... Tim better be prepared to start factoring Tractor Supply into his life. I'm sure now you see why I appreciate sitting on the deck at the beach, relaxing and enjoying the sunset. Thankful to see the weekend ahead of me and all the fun it might bring me. Chicken feed bags are at the front door, Tim can take them from there. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts