Day 328 Over / Under

 

I spent the entire day at the beach in the sunshine, really the only place to be on a beautiful summer day. My daughter and grandsons joined us so I had eager swimming partners all day. The boys and I must have been in the water half the day and loved every minute of it. The water was much warmer then I would have expected, nice big waves and even the seaweed couldn't damper our fun. We spent hours playing under/over, whenever a big wave came we'd quickly determine if it was best to try and jump over or go under it, trust me, it's tougher than you'd think. We would laugh like crazy when we made the wrong call, after spitting out a mouthful of seawater. The boys are always so busy with their sports practices it was nice to spend the day with them just playing and enjoying the summer sun. After the beach Tim and I quickly changed to meet friends for dinner. Some how beach days increase your appetite ten fold and who feels like cooking after all that fun? I threw on a pretty white dress to show off my tan from the day and was ready and waiting for Tim in no time. Tim takes forever to get ready and no matter how we slice it I end up waiting for him. He reminded me that he's worth waiting for, true enough but speed it up already! He dilly dally's around without a care in the world until the last possible minute then rushes like a crazy man....every single time. His lallygagging didn't include carrying the chicken feed downstairs from the living room, apparently he didn't read yesterdays blog. In all fairness there's always too much to do on the weekend and never enough time. Especially true when spending the day lounging at the beach is top priority. Perfect summer days don't happen often enough, thankful to already have one in the books. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts