Day 333 Jaws

 

A long hot Thursday called for a linen dress. Seriously, when it's so hot you can't stand the thought of wearing anything linen is the only way to go. This pretty dress was a fantastic thrift store find and although a big big on me I was happy as a clam and cool as a cucumber in it. I had such a busy day I almost didn't get a photo, Tim took this one for me at 10:00pm...phew! I was up early enough but was busy cleaning up from the party on the 4th...I know, I know, about time! My grandsons came over for the morning to hang out, so the three of us hid in the cool air conditioned basement to watch a movie. I rented Jaws for them to see for the first time, at ten and twelve they were ready for one of the best summer movies of all time. After all, I was ten when I saw Jaws for the first time on the big screen and was remember being terrified. I think the boys have heard so much about it that most of it was anticipated....the severed head popping out from the ships wreckage did make them both jump and gave them both a good fright. I'll have to think of our next movie, I try to watch all the classics with them, Rambo, Die Hard, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, not always appropriate but the boys enjoy my pics. Back to my outfit, I almost forgot to give a shout out to my blue Tory Burch flip flops. Trust me, I didn't spend $90 on plastic flip flops nor would I. They were a gift so I'll wear them but they make me laugh. That tiny little Tory Burch symbol makes these worth $80 more than another brand??? Silly. I never looked to see what designer made my pretty linen dress and didn't care. I do care about good fabrics and on a hot day linen is always the best possible choice. Let's hope for more hot summer days that require linen dresses, I might have one or two more. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts