Day 339 Old Flames



 

First things first, teeth, they can really make or break a look! You'll be glad to know I had my tooth fixed, unfortunately not before running into an old boyfriend...really?! Stopping at Walmart to pick up a few snacks seemed like a good idea, after all, who would I see at 8am, of course I'd be able to keep my toothless smile to myself...wrong again. Right there in produce was my old high school boyfriend, ugh. We chatted for a few minutes, the conversation going to our aging parents, and those we've lost. We stood there catching up on family illnesses and after a few minutes I think we both felt older, clearly not the carefree high school kids that once dated! We both carry a sadness after losing a parent, my dad and his mom both died several years ago. His mom had remained dear to me throughout my life, I loved that she and I always maintained a relationship and cared for one another and I was deeply sad when she passed away. I think I was the first person at the wake to pay my respects. I'm fairly convinced my missing tooth wasn't noticed while we talked, either that or he was polite enough to not mention it. Other than the missing tooth, I looked pretty good, cute blue and lavender dress with a pretty lavender hand band and blue shoes...not bad for 8am. I'm sure I'm not alone taking a quick inventory of how I might look after seeing an old flame. Maybe it's natural to size yourself up and compare yourself with the younger you. Maybe I'm delusional, but think I'm looking good, yes, I've gained a few pounds and wrinkles but all in all not bad for an old gal. It's always odd to chat with someone that was once such a big part of your life, thankfully, we still care for one another, probably always will...not that we'd ever be together again, but that doesn't mean we don't care for each other and wish each other the very best. Fortunately, I couldn't be happier with Tim, even with all his antics, there's no doubt my happiness shines through and having  all my teeth back in place,  I can even smile about it! 

Comments

  1. Your writing constantly keeps me amused and smiling, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, glad you're enjoying it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts