Day 344 Litter

 

Basic black t-shirt dress from the Gap with another pair of Coach flip flops. I guess I do buy fancy flip flops after all and lots of them! Don't you just love wearing sandals, flip flops and going barefoot whenever possible? Not sure I'd ever wear real shoes if I lived in Florida. I kicked off my flip flops and loved my barefoot time on the beach, cleaning up trash after the storm. It's sad to see so much trash on our shoreline, plastic bottle tops may look small but holy cow do they add up. As I walked up and down the beach with an eye out for litter I noticed everyone that walked by me would pick up a piece of trash and bring it over to my bag...even a group of preteen kids joined in without any parental prompting...kids are so smart. No one likes litter and it doesn't belong anywhere near our beautiful waters. Sadly, there was also a dead dolphin on the shore, no-one had any idea of what might have happened to it but it was so heartbreaking to see. I have seen dolphins swimming in California but never imagined I'd see them in Green Hill, wish It had been under better circumstances.  I feel badly for the sea life having to deal with all of our trash. I may have to bring a small trash bag with me every time I go to the beach, in honor of that poor dolphin. If each person did a little it sure would make a big difference. Having a river in my backyard I'm use to going out to clean up after a heavy rain. Nips, cans, water bottles, there's always a mess after a super heavy rain. Humans sure are a messy bunch...at least my mess is all contained inside my house. I'll be out on my litter clean up again, but first need to get my tooth fixed....keeping all these teeth in my head sure has become quite a task. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts