Day 345 Perspective & Backtracking

 

A bit of backtracking is in order. Apparently in yesterdays blog I neglected to write about a few very significant events. I received a text from Tim questioning why I didn't write about the cat pooping in our bedroom during the night and the raccoon trying to get into the chicken coop. I was accused of sugar coating my blog with all my talk of litter and a dead dolphin on the beach. So here's the real story, after the beach, picking up litter, feeling badly for the dead dolphin we came home and settled in for a peaceful night sleep. In the middle of the night Tim was woken up by the smell of cat poop, it didn't wake me up but Tim did to be sure I also smelled it. The light was turned on and an investigation pursued, Tim searching the bedroom to identify the origin of the smell. Of course, to his horror, he found a pile of cat poop and quickly went to work removing and cleaning the mess, as I laid in bed watching the happenings and listening to his complaints. For the record, this is highly out of character for Pep but I suppose even the best cats have accidents. Once the fecal trauma was managed Tim settled back into bed just in time to see the motion sensor lights come on around the chicken coop. We looked out and there he was, a young raccoon working hard to find a way into the coop to get at our fat hens. Tim was up like a rocket again and before I knew it the backyard light was on and Tim was outside in nothing but his boxer shorts prepared to wage battle to protect our flock. The raccoon sensed the eminent danger and took off before Tim had a chance to show off his warrior prowess. Once again, I laid in bed watching the goings on and I dare say, slightly entertained and impressed by Tims unusually quick response. Phew...now that we're up to speed, I spent last night making sure all my clothes were picked up and put away, leaving nothing on my bedroom floor. Nothing makes you pick up more than the fear of cat poop. Instead of my usual taking clothes off and throwing them on the floor you'll be happy to know this pretty pink linen Lilly Pulitzer dress was neatly draped over a bedroom chair.  I also told Tim how lucky we were that the smell of poop had woken him up, just in time to save our chickens from the raccoon...perspective makes all the difference. 

Comments

  1. Now Tim has his story! I have a few more phrases to add to our collection!!! Just wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts