Day 347 Salt Pond

 

A Thursday night on the boat enjoying sunset, friends and cocktails made it feel like a Friday night! Somehow when you climb on a boat your brain goes into vacation/weekend mode. My friend Melissa and Rick invite us onto their beautiful boat often, an offer I rarely pass down. Salt Pond is beautiful, watching the osprey fly in and out of the nest they build each year at the marina, spectacular sunsets over the water and all with a cool breeze even on hot nights. We are so fortunate to live in South County, no wonder us Swamp Yankees never move! Way back in the early 1950's my grandfather was on a SC post card of Salt Pond with a photo of he and a friend holding the fish they caught. I still have the postcard and love that I'm enjoying the same water he once did. My pretty orange, flower print dress is picture perfect against the white boat, if I do say so myself! I received so many compliments about this dress and people didn't even know it had pockets! Not bad for a weekday dress, but I'm ready for my weekend fun dresses and all the weekend fun that lies ahead. I was just talking with friends about what we'll all be doing when we retire and have endless weekends..imagine that? Since I'm not retired, and it was only a Thursday night, it's off to work for me....hooray for Friday. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts