Day 348 Summer Nights

 

Waking up Friday morning I could have sworn it was Saturday. That's what happens when you spend a Thursday night on the water I suppose. Once my brain adjusted to the fact that it was dreaming of being a day ahead I decided to put on a dress worthy of a Friday vibe. This Julie Brown retro print dress gave me all the colorful fun I needed to drag myself to the evening when I could finally relax and enjoy some down time. Tim and I met friends at the beach club and sat on the deck all evening eating, drinking, telling stories and soaking in the ocean air. Oh, the plans you make with friends in the evening hours! The summer months fly by so quickly that plans need to be made and acted on quickly or you'll find yourself in September having missed out on all the best summer happenings. So my unsolicited advice, buy the show tickets, make the dinner reservations, book the trip, plan dates with friends,  if not you'll be home wondering what to do as the world zips past you. You'll also have a messy house and the worst yard on the street but what the heck, can't have it all. What's having it all mean anyway? I might argue I already have it all, the very best kids, friends and of course husband...I'd trade all my dresses for any one of them! Ok, maybe there's a few friends I might not trade this retro dress for....... kidding! Waking up Friday had me dreading the long day but by Friday evening  my mind was in full weekend mode...thank goodness! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts