Day 349 Burning the Candle at both ends

 

Sunshine, Beach, parties and plans upon plans, isn't that what summer is all about? I was thrilled to see a, much needed, perfect weekend beach day and took advantage by getting on the sand as early as possible. Tim prefers to arrive at the beach later in the afternoon but with a party at 4:00 we had no time to lose. It was an absolutely perfect beach day, water was warm, slight breeze and even the occasional cloud gave a welcomed brief pause to the bright sunshine. I was eager to use my new beach canopy that Tim argued against, glad he lost that battle since it was awesome. Tim had all the shade he wanted so there were no complaints when I wanted to stay all day. I would have sat on that beach until sundown but we had a retirement party to attend so home we went for a quick shower and change. I was excited to wear this fun summer dress and show off the days fresh tan. I probably should have worn flats for a lawn party but I couldn't resist wearing my Jimmy Choo wedges. I'm pictured with my beautiful friend Eileen, who, along with her kids, was hosting the party for her husband. What an honor it was to be part of such a special day and holy cow what an amazing career he had. He's been a big wig DA and has handled all kinds of high profile cases, although Tim and I fortunately have never crossed him professionally. These are old friends, thankfully the kind of friends that don't know or care what each other do during their work day....that's just work stuff.  Our friends beautiful children (of course all adults now)  gave wonderful speeches about what an amazing roll model and father they were blessed with..making everyone listening wish to be worthy of that level of pride within their own families. Although we were having a great time, Tim and I had to leave for yet again another event...seriously, I could have gone to bed but off we were. Friends of mine have a band and were playing and I do my best to support good people, otherwise I really would have been in bed. We met friends and had a fantastic night chatting and taking in EG's nightlife. It was worth the late night when my friend saw that we had driven all the way (In RI 20 minutes is a big deal) just to see and support him and his band. By the time we made it home it was well after midnight and we both just about collapsed into bed and were asleep in seconds. Although, exhausting, I wouldn't change one thing about the entire day, burning the candle at both ends seems to be my style. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts