Day 350 Pretty in pink

 

Pretty in pink, love to see my favorite color taking over the country. With the new Barbie movie's popularity pink is everywhere, pink clothes, accessories, anything and everything, pink is in vogue. I've never been much of a Barbie fan, but happy to see the pink overload. I loved my pretty pink and white seersucker dress with pearl jewelry. While at baby shower my stepdaughter walked in wearing a beautiful pink tiered dress so clearly a photo opt was in order. There seemed to be pink dresses everywhere...thank you!  It was a beautiful day for a baby shower and watching a sweet mother to be receive so much love and support reminds me of how much I love traditions. These gatherings, baby or wedding showers, birthday parties, retirement parties...whatever it is, are all about circling the wagons, bringing your tribe together to surround someone with love. It's important to know who we can count on through the struggles life will throw at us, these events bring those people to the forefront. Gifts were in abundance but paled in comparison to the showering of love. After festivities I was off to the beach for the afternoon sunshine. I met up with friends and sat on the sand until the sun started to go down and we walked up to the club for dinner. I was so glad I had picked going to the beach over cleaning my house and when I walked into my messy home at 9:00pm, the mess reminded me of how much fun the weekend had been. I also decided I'll bite the bullet and call my old cleaning lady to have her back! I'm looking at my calendar with all my summer plans and its jam packed, but not one day says, stay home and clean. The pick up before the cleaning lady arrives is really what I need and her coming a few times a month will be great incentive to get it all done. Hey, who knows, with the new found time I'll have from having a cleaning lady, I might even have time to see the new Barbie movie.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts