Day 351 Sweet sound of hedge trimmers

 

Simple sheath dress in beautiful brown was a bigger hit than I would have imagined. I threw this on knowing it would be a hot day and quite frankly I had five minutes to get dressed after lallygagging around all morning. To my surprise, I received compliments throughout the day, what a pretty dress, great color etc....who knew!? Tim and I had a much needed night at home. He was so mad at CVS, having had his passport photo taken there and paying $15 for it, he received an email saying the photo was rejected due to it being the wrong size! We're not sure how on earth you can go have your passport photo taken and its not correct, I'll be chatting with CVS this week. Until then, we're waiting for a package to arrive from the passport agency with instructions, hopefully he'll be able to just resubmit a new photo. Of course I scolded him for not always keeping an up to date passport, you really always should. Let's hope  I won't be traveling solo in October!! (kidding). After dinner I began the daunting task of picking up and cleaning around the house, as Tim sat outside petting the cat and talking to the chickens. I must be smarter these days because I  opened the door and nicely asked him if he'd rather vacuum inside or trim hedges outside, not leaving an option for sitting, he picked trim hedges. Listening to the sweet sound of the hedge trimmers made me smile as I worked. It was either the sound of the trimmers or the fact that someone else was in the same hell as I was, but either way, I was happier.  I must have gotten into a groove, doing dishes, laundry, vacuuming and picking up, the evening flew by as I worked into the night. I took a break from my cleaning to text with my old cleaning lady, who was happy to hear from me and we're going to chat today to work out a schedule, yay!! I always had her clean twice a month but wondering if twice a week is excessive? Kidding again, or dreaming, wouldn't that be amazing? Maybe it was the excitement of her visiting soon that gave me my motivation to pick up? It really felt like Christmas in July, best idea I've had in a while. Tim was happy for a night at home, even with me making him work, home cooked meal, early bedtime bliss. Me cleaning in my pretty brown dress didn't surprise him one bit, isn't that how we all look cleaning? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts