Day 353 Beach Sunsets

 

This pretty pink striped t-shirt dress almost doubled as a bathing suit. Tim and I went down to the beach to watch the sunset and take a swim, only to find I forgot my bathing suit bottoms. The top was packed but somehow the bottoms didn't make it into the bag. Tim was horrified when I suggested putting the top on and just going in my underwear, what's the difference really? Two minutes after listening to his argument against it, several girls walked by with their thong bottomed bathing suits....really? How on earth are my grannie panties less appropriate than that? I almost just dove in with my dress on, but with dinner plans ahead I decided to simply sit and enjoy the beautiful sunset. Tim was pleased that I had acquiesced...this time.  I might put a bathing suit in each car for future swimming emergencies. We went to dinner with friends once the sun went down, stayed out too late, ate too much, drank too much and carried on as if it were a Saturday night. Funny how a trip to the beach can put you in vacation mode, even if it's only for a few hours the feeling is instant and appreciated. As we settled into our seats in the sand Tim inhaled deeply and commented that he could finally breathe. We all need to leave life's BS behind sometimes and just sit, breathe, relax and enjoy each others quiet company. Fortunately, he and I like each other enough to find peaceful moments together. Back home and back to reality, showering the sand off before getting into clean sheets, watering plants and getting set for another two days of the work week. My eye is on a full day at the beach this weekend, maybe two and I will absolutely not forget my bathing suit next time. No matter what we do with the weekend, It will be south of the tower... home sweet home. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts