Day 354 Summer Cold

 

Hot stormy summer night, steamy outside, cold inside with A/C has me dressing in layers as if it were winter. Ok, that's an exaggeration but not completely untrue. I wore a cute green cotton sleeveless sundress that was perfect for the 90 degree temps. Every time I walked into a building that cranked out the A/C I'd throw on my sweatshirt and was thankful I had the forethought to bring it. It sure adds a challenge to getting dressed, as steamy as the heat is, bring a sweatshirt? Unfortunately, I was inside all day, and evening and by the time I finally made it home it was after 9:00pm. As I drove up the house was so dark it had me wondering if the power had gone out. There wasn't a flicker of light anywhere, never mind a welcoming outside light or two. I left my belongings in the car, figure I'd get those in the morning and made my way inside to promptly turn lights on. I brought in the mail and started to settle in, wondering where Tim was, his car was in the driveway so he had to be home. Sure enough I found him, in bed, sound asleep, no movement when I walked into the bedroom, turned on the light and removed the tv remote from his grasp. I left him there and finished all my afternoon/evening chores before finally crashing into bed myself. Tim woke up when I dared to change the channel on the tv, informing me that he was watching something. Nice try but not a chance, I asked him what was up with the dark house, are we pinching pennies? Conserving energy? Lose power? All these sound reasonable but instead the answer was simply that the sun was still shining when he went to bed....oh dear. I suppose we have been busy, late nights and summer fun but holy cow. I was slightly envious of his early night, not enough to replicate it or anything but happy for him and glad he's rested up for the weekend ahead. Let's hope the hot steamy weather lasts through the weekend so we can get in some much wanted beach time. I'll be happy to feel the warmth of summer sunshine instead of the cold A/C of indoor air. 

 

Comments

  1. I think you should have stood over him staring at him sleeping when you got home to ask him about the lights…😂 db

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts