Day 355 Dancing in the dirt

 

Such a fun night out with friends, dancing and soaking in all the fun a Friday night can bring. My friend Donna had a group of friends over for a delicious dinner. She made clam cakes and her husband made clam chowder, everything was so tasty! After dinner we headed to the Ratskeller to see Fusion, a band out of Connecticut. Having heard great things about their music we were excited to check them out. The band was amazing, great mix of songs, super fun to dance to, we all agreed we'd go out of our way to see them again. Unfortunately for the band, other than us, there was hardly anyone there. With the Newport Folk Festival and Narragansett's Blessing of the Fleet there was just too much going on to draw a crowd. I felt badly so danced most of the night to try and bring the sparse crowd onto the dance floor. My friends and I danced on the dirt until midnight, kicking up dust and singing along every chance we got. Tim is always happy to dance, with me or without me. One of my favorite things is the world is to watch him dance alone, singing, dancing and living his best life. As my friends watched us dance together with me whispering sweet nothings into his ear we must have looked so romantic. Looks can be deceiving, as we danced I snuggled up to him and told him we'd both need showers before getting into bed, I refuse to let dirty feet and sweaty bodies ruin nice, clean sheets....darn that hit of reality. I had worn this cute blue dress all day with fancy flip flops and although I might have still looked ok, I was a dirty mess by the end of the night and Tim wasn't any better.  Much to Tims chagrin, I also refused the late night stop at McDonalds, forcing him to forage for snacks at home. I'm sure he'd thank me for making all the smart decisions ....if he were a reasonable man. No late night heartburn, clean sheets and a good nights sleep after a great night out.... you're welcome. If the weekend weather would only cooperate for a bit of beach time all would be right with the world. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts