Day 356 Stormy Beach Day

 

An unexpected beach day is always a welcome surprise. With the weather forecast calling for afternoon thunderstorms and the morning skies looking ominous I took a chance, packed up and headed to the beach anyway. I anticipated getting an hour or so in of cloudy beach weather but to my delight, the sun came out and the storms never rolled in. Tim had originally opted to stay home but changed his mind and met me at the beach to soak in the late afternoon sunshine. The storm out at sea carried in a beautiful ocean breeze as well as unusually big waves. We sat with friends all afternoon, foregoing any evening plans to sit and enjoy the beach sunset. I had packed this comfy, cotton, striped, Tommy Hilfiger dress so I could shower and change at the club. As much as I love the beach, once off the sand I can't shower fast enough. A quick shower made sitting on the deck so much more pleasant. We sat around chatting and eating peanuts out of the shell as if they were the last bits of food on earth. We probably should have packed dinner but never expected the weather to hold.  I had Tim snap this photo of me in front of my car as I threw my beach bags into the trunk of my car. I love a car picture, imagine some day my grandkids will look at this old model and think how cool it was. Maybe by then they'll be in hovercrafts like the Jetsons, something I expected to be driving myself by age 58!! Oh well, maybe technology hasn't lived up to my childhood expectations but at least the weather cooperated for my weekend dream for a beach day. I'll take the small victories as they come my way. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts