Day 357 Tour Guide

 

Playing tour guide in my home town is one of my favorite things to do. My love for RI is only matched by my adoration for local childhood stomping grounds.  So many of my beach club friends have imported here from other states or towns in northern RI and haven't yet found so many of our secret gems. I suggested we visit the Nordic Lodge, known for its all you can eat buffet, most people don't give it a second glance. Instead of gorging yourself on a buffet, you can walk around back and enjoy an afternoon outside by the lake with food and drinks a la cart. The set up is really quite lovely lawn games, hammocks, swings or if you're more of an animal person they have alpacas, sheep, a donkey and horse just grazing about soaking it all in. I had been at the beach all morning and it wasn't easy to leave but once I showered and changed into this pretty cotton maxi dress and grabbed my hat, my lakeside vibe was set. My friends enjoyed the afternoon and were so excited to have found such a hidden spot. The Nordic is only a few miles from where I grew up and fortunately hasn't been built up, still has the charm of deep woods. My friends are ready for another adventure and are looking forward to whatever I plan for our group of ten. I love that they all trust and follow my lead without question, but with that level of trust the pressure is on! It might be tough to top such an incredible afternoon, with the perfect weather, spectacular location, incredible food and drinks, but I'll try! I've already got a few ideas, now I just need a free night. The summer goes by so quickly its important to squeeze the fun out of every minute and here we are rolling into the end of July! Yikes! As a diligent tour guide I'll get on top of that next adventure asap and of course, have another dress ready for whatever vibe necessary. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts