Day 361 Take me to the beach

 

Beach vibe all day, why not? If this blue and white dress could talk it would say, "take me to the beach". Oddly enough, I speak dress so off we were for an afternoon of sand and sunshine. My stepdaughter and her little ones came down for the day. Although I missed most of the daytime the late afternoon and evening by the shore can be just as delightful. The kids and I walked the beach, the boys running ahead feeling the freedom only the vast shoreline can give. We jumped waves, threw rocks in the ocean and played in the water until they were shivering with blue lips, signs of a great time! Tim ran out to pick us up dinner, I'm not sure if the kids ate more sand or pizza? We ended up staying at the beach until almost 9pm with little Timmy, Tims two year old namesake, already sound asleep. I am always thankful to my ancestors for settling in South Kingstown, where my family has remained for hundreds of years. Not sure why anyone would ever want to live anywhere else?! Living by the ocean is just one of the many SK perks but it a big one! If I could change one thing it might be to add an extra month of summer? However, the short summer season may inspire us to dive in to each experience with every ounce of enthusiasm we can muster.  Imagine how exhausted I'd be if I kept up this pace for another month?? Now that it's already August, I'm scrutinizing my schedule to make the most of every day. I've had to resort to making weekday plans since weekends are already booked and certainly scarce. I'll be searching through my closet for another dress to talk to me, ready for one to call out saying it's a Friday night party dress! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts