Day 365 No Time Like the Present

 

Just like that 365 days have gone by! Three things came to mind as I sat down to write this morning. #1 how fast a year is! It is said that the older you get the faster time goes by, maybe that's true since it feels like I just began this writing journey a month ago. #2 monumental days are made up of what we do in the present not what the calendar says. Birthdays, Anniversaries even holidays can be acknowledged but it's the making of new memories that create a special day. So here I was on day 365, a rainy Monday, the only celebration of my landmark day was this spectacular Lilly Pulitzer wrap dress. I felt as if I were wearing sunshine throughout the day otherwise it was just another day, like any other. I worked then came home to begin the mad dash to pick up all my belongings before my cleaning lady arrives on Thursday. People may laugh at the idea of cleaning for the cleaning lady, but if you know now you know...there's a big difference. She can't clean with all my stuff strewn about and although I'm picking everything up, I'm not actually cleaning anything, I'll leave that for her. Tim wasn't thrilled to be taking part of the great pick up of 2023 but he went along with my wishes and did his part. He also began a new list of to dos...oh the list makers of the world! He'll put things on a to do list that probably take longer to write down than if he were to just do them. I let him go with his list, I'm even a good sport and add a thing or two to it.  Oh, and before I forget, #3 Imagine the shape I could be in if instead of taking the time to write each morning I used that time to work out?! Oh well.... I'll have to find a slice of time for everything throughout this next year! Might be a great day to set new goals, after all, there's no time like the present! 

Comments

  1. 1 year!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love that dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 Is the truth. Meaningful or monumental days shouldn’t be dictated by our arbitrary division of time. Rather by our experience of the present or as you said our memories made on the day. So proud of you for taking the time each day to write a post for an entire year! That isn’t to say I wouldn’t also be proud if you had skipped days for the experiences you were currently having either, or for scrapping the project altogether for a different creative outlet. There are people in your life that will always love and support you.
    Who knew you’d be such a captivating and capable writer given all of your grammatical errors ;D
    Love you mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts