Day 367 Point of View

 

Change comes at us throughout life, quickly and usually without warning. I figure there's no time like the present to mix it up with my photo's and what better subject than my favorite summer theatre right here in my home town. I've written about Theatre by the Sea several times during this summer and had an opportunity to see the last show of their season, Jersey Boys. This little barn theatre sure can crank out amazing performances! You'd never guess from looking at the graveled driveway or natural shingled barn that inside you'd be entertained as if on Broadway! Standing outside before the show everyone gathers to grab a drink, view the beautiful gardens and see countless people you know. Being season ticket holders, we tend to run into the same folks each time but are always happy to see familiar faces. In my humble opinion, Jersey Boys was the best show of the 2023 season, fantastic casting, sensational singers, and tremendous acting, well done!! However, I could have lived without the freakishly tall, long haired, man that sat directly in front of me, played with his hair constantly and darted back and forth from side to side making it impossible for me to get a good line of vision. Tim sat next to me with the tall freaks girlfriend in front of him, enjoying his unobstructed view for the entire first half. Of course, like any good wife would do, I suggested (strongly) that we switch seats for the second half and happily snuggled into my new seat to savor the remainder of the show and all its visual splendor. Tims seating sacrifice was appreciated and my new seat gave me a perfect line of site. As I said, change comes at us quickly and usually without warning, change can be good or bad, all depends on your point of view. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts