Day 371 Lake Life

 

Visiting one of my old friends at her lake house was the perfect way to spend a Sunday. My friend Colette has been asking me to come visit for a few years and my friend Cathy, Tim and I finally took her up on her offer. It's silly that a 45 minute drive can be such a deterrent for us Rhode Islanders, but getting past the tower, especially on a weekend isn't easy. Driving 45 minutes and still being in RI isn't easy either, typically driving that distance will either land you in  Connecticut or Massachusetts! Colette, Cathy and I all went to High School together, did gymnastics together and graduated in the same class, making it a friendship worthy of a drive. We went out on Colettes boat, got a tour of Waterman Lake and sat outside enjoying the spectacular view of the lake. There was a constant parade of various water craft going by  keep us entertained all afternoon. I particularly loved the concrete stairs leading down to the lake bottom, so incredibly inviting. Colette had bought lunch makings and snacks that were well received after our big trip out of South County. It's probably a good thing for her that her peaceful lake house isn't closer or we might crash in on her all the time! She'd laugh at that, I'm sure, and say she'd love us to visit as often as possible....careful what you wish for! I absolutely loved hanging out by the lake, although having a full day to hang out with two of my favorite people in the world would have been fun no matter what the backdrop. We'll all be getting together this fall for our 40th HS class reunion, a fact that non of us can believe. How on earth did the years go by so quickly? Forty years seems like a long time yet we get together and feel as if we're teenagers, are we the old people now?? I hope if I am fortunate to live another 40 years I'll remember our lazy day on the lake with a smile as I reminisce. Of course, I'll be almost 90 then so I suppose I'd be happy to remember anything at that point. I have a feeling I'll remember the sweet friendships and love I've been so fortunate to carry with me along the way and I'll dream of the beach or a lake house as my 88 year old self looks out the window with a warm memory and a smile. Maybe my window will look out onto a lake? After all, I think the lake life might be for me! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts