Day 375 Pets

 

If you've been ready along then you're familiar with how much I love my chickens. This is a photo of the oil paining I had commissioned, showcasing Betty White. Silly, maybe but some of the best things are! I first had a painting done of my original three girls so when Betty, Megatron and Silvia came along I had individual portraits of them made. Out of these six four are still going strong. Carol Baskin was attacked and killed by the Mink and Silvia was taken by a fox, Such is the life, and death of a chicken. Chickens are so entertaining, each with their own personality and temperament. Of course I have my favorites, Quarentina is both Tim and my favorite then of course Betty is top notch. Betty survived the mink attack, thanks to Tim and has made a full comeback. All of the girls rush to greet me when I arrive home and are excited to see me first thing in the morning. Pets are certainly good for our egos, and I believe make us better humans. After all, caring for another creature brings out the best of our nurturing selves and reminds us to think beyond ourselves. My youngest son and his fiancé just got a dog, as I'm no fan of dogs myself I'm happy for them and thrilled to see him so in love with his new family member. They found a Husky that was up for adoption, having been in foster care and not having the best go of it. Other dogs went so far as to attack her when she was a puppy, causing her to lose an eye. So this one eyed husky has stolen my sons heart and I couldn't be happier for him. I'll stick with cats and chickens, fairly self sufficient and independent along with the endless supply of eggs as a bonus. Someone even told me that chicken feed could be a tax write off??? Something for Tim to look into, I'm too busy feeding pets, cleaning coops and eyeing my next subject for a painting, someone needs to keep artists going. I'm thinking  a one eyed husky might make a great portrait? Wouldn't that be a fantastic gift? With all these great ideas, it's no wonder I'm so busy! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts