Day 376 Oh, Donna

 

Oh, how I love summer nights, especially weekend nights with friends! My beach club bestie and I stay at the beach until they kick us out, as we should!  I wasn't sure I would make it out at all after feeling crappy all afternoon but happily made a come back for the evening. It's hard to believe the summer is almost over, making the weekend nights even more precious. Donna and I have begun talking about what to do all winter and have decided on a dinner group. We figure if get five couples together and have each one host a dinner each month that will add a bit of fun to our winter season. It will be so fun to rotate houses for our dinner parties, I'm already thinking about what I'll make! If there's a way for us to extend our summer fun, we'll find it! I had an interesting conversation with a new friend that reached out to me to apologize for her behavior after drinking too much a week or so ago. I felt so badly that she must have been dwelling on it all this time, and even worse that she'd think I would ever judge her! When did the world turn so critical that people wake up after a fun night and have to recall everything with scrutiny? I reassured her that I found her to be absolutely fantastic and hope to see her again soon. Now the pressure is on for our next get together for me to over drink, over share or whatever craziness she was feeling badly for doing. After all, that's what friends are for! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts