Day 384 #1 Wife

 



What to do after a late night at Fenway??? How about a Springsteen concert at Gillette Stadium, don't mind if I do. I had bought tickets for this show when they first came out as a surprise for Tim. I'm never sure about how to select seats for a show, find it confusing with all the various concert layouts so was thrilled at my choice. We took the train from providence to Gillette to avoid the traffic, another great idea of mine! When we arrived at the stadium we walked right into the floor section, got our special wrist bands and had all the room we wanted to dance and enjoy the show. Bruce is 73 years old and can certainly still put on a great show. Interesting factoid, I use to see him daily working out at a health club I worked at in the mid '80's. He was always super nice, although quiet and a bit scruffy for his early morning exercise. I was never a big fan so seeing him wasn't a big deal for me, not really sure who I'd swoon over?? Tim has always been a huge Springsteen fan and has seen him in concert several times so this was all for him. I figure Springsteen will have to stop touring at some point and would hate to have Tim miss his last tour! Tim enjoyed every minute of the night, singing, dancing and making friends with other Springsteen fans. The show went on for about three hours with all the great hits being played, one after another. Tim was asleep within minutes of sitting back on the train for the ride home and fortunately had me to drive the rest of the way once back at our car. I'm certainly #1 wife for this one, concert tickets, train tickets and designated driver. We made it home around 1:30am, feeling like a couple of teenagers with our late nights! If Springsteen can put on a 3 hour show at 73, the least we can do is stay up for it. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts